Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Multiples of the same doll?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member likewow's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2005
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've noticed that at least a few people on this board have multiples of the same doll. Personally, the only reason I would consider doing that is to rewig and give her a different look (although I haven't tried that yet.) So I am very curious to hear people's answers: if you have "twins" (or quads or quints!) why did you decide to get so many of the same doll?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member StarTrekCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2004
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have 2 Mollys but one is supposed to be Avelie my American Girl of Tomorrow, from 2304!!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have two Kits, but Kit #2 was an ebay find with a shorn head. (Bet someone got in BIG trouble of that one!) She got rewigged right away, and she's now Ruthie. It's just a coincidence that she's a Kit too; I was just looking for a bargain, not concerned too much with eye color at that point. So, another Kit I got!

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner felicityprincess04's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2004
    Posts
    683
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by StarTrekCaptain:
    I have 2 Mollys but one is supposed to be Avelie my American Girl of Tomorrow, from 2304!!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OMG! I LOVE this idea! American girl of Tomorrow! That is SUCH a good idea! I love it! How do you pronounce Avelie? Cute name! I'm jealous...
    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Kathy Henning's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 4th, 2003
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have three set of Gotz twins. I have Jessica, Julia and Elizabeth in the 2003 version. I then bought Jessica and Julia in the 2004 version. The face mold had changed. This year, I bought the 2005 Elizabeth. They are twins but not identical. I names the Julia ones, Julia and Julie. The Jessica ones are Jessica and Jessie. Elizabeth became Beth with AG brought out Elizabeth. I call the 2005 Elizabeth Lilliana after the name of my grandson's car! I do have some outfits that are the same in different colors for them to wear and then I also dress them in totally different outfits. I just wish that Gotz had kept Ashley in the line and brought out a newer version of her. She is my favorite Gotz.

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have 2 Samantha's. The first is my first AG, I got her for my birthday 2 years ago so she's my special friend. The second is a beautiful condition PM doll I got for an astoundingly low BIN. Her hair is so much thicker and her face is chubbier so I don't really think of them as the same doll.

    Sam #2 (I still haven't named her [img]redface.gif[/img] but give me a break, I've named 5 kids OK? [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] ) is usually dressed in AGT clothes, especially now that Samantha has Nellie. She may still be a visitor to Samantha's and Nellie's sometimes.

    I could see getting two of the same doll if they are like the Asian AGT, where she's the only Asian available, or some similar reason.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I got 2 Samanthas. 1 is a rescue she came to me from a girl I worked with at college. Samantha was in the closet with head off and her wig was one mass of a matt!!! Sam2 is PM so it was fine to keep both dolls. Sam2's head is so loose it can come off right away.

    I am going to purchase another Kit as everyone here knows my other Kit's hair came off and now her wig is glued back on, but will use her more often for Camps and school. Kit #2 will be my collector Kit to enjoy.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member irishjennyfer79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I actually have two Kirstens and technically two Felicitys...all PM. One Kirsten I got in 1989 to replace the first one I got in like 86 (my sister gave my first Kirsten a Horrible hair cut)...I got a PM Kirsten a few years ago for a really great price a couple years ago on ebay (except that she has silver eye =( ) because I couldn't bear sending my 89 Kirsten in for a head replace because of how frizzy her hair is. The first Felicity was given to me in when she was released for my birthday. My sister attacked her hair, so I used my allowance to send her for a head replacement. That didn't stop my sister and Lizzie got bangs and earrings. I ended up replacing Felicity in 98-99 right before the company went to Mattel. I gave my sister the older Lizzie.

    Jenny =)

  9. #9
    Evette
    Guest Evette's Avatar

    Post

    I have four Addys. All of my 15 girls are dressed in todays clothing. I got DD her first Addy when she was 7 (SHE IS NOW 12).

    It was Christmas time and I was late getting her the AA AGOT so I got her. I loved her from the moment I saw her.

    I have since taken over DD's dolls as she is too "cool" to play with dolls.When I would add more AA girls to the collection, I always bought Addy. The firsy Addy ia named Addy Louise.

    The 3 others after her all have names beginning with A:
    Abigale Marie, Andrea Pauline, and Amanda Lee (AKA "Bossy" Amanda). Believe it or not, I can tell all 4 apart by such things as the coloring, thickness of hair etc. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] my [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] s

  10. #10
    AngieGill
    Guest AngieGill's Avatar

    Post

    We have two Lissies at our house. One is a PM and one is a CM Mattel. I was going to sell the Mattel one when I got the PM one because the Mattel one has her hair cut to about 3" below her shoulders. HOWEVER, my 5 yr old daughter quickly snatched her and claimed her for her own, and then skipped, while singing delightfully, to her room to play.. LOL! Even before she did that I thought I would keep her because they look so dramatically different. The Mattel Lissies, in comparison to the PM ones, have hair that actually looks brunette. I love the Mattel Lissie and for some odd reason she reminds me of Jennifer Anniston.. must be the hair style.. ya know.. straight and no bangs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •